New to JAGS? Get Your Free Day Pass
includes: swimming, climbing, aerobics, tennis & more...
call us on: 020 8613 6500
It’s a quintessentially British dish this week from Franklins in East Dulwich – a simple recipe that is one of the best, when mastered! Enjoy.
1 Bunch of English Asparagus
2 Fresh Eggs
Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
100g Unsalted Butter
Salt & Pepper
1. Crack and separate two eggs, place the yolks in a bowl that can sit on a saucepan
2. Whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard together
3. Melt the butter in a pan, ideally a milk pan with a spout
4. Place the bowl with a the yolks on a pan of lightly simmering water, whisk until the egg yolks go pale
5. Add a spot of the melted butter to the egg mixture, whisk
6. Add another spot of butter whisk
7. Repeat until you use all the butter and you have a nice smooth sauce warming. Have an ice cube at hand in case the sauce curdles, if it does whisk in the ice cube
8. Cook your Asparagus, either boil or steam for 3 to 4 minutes depending how thick the stalks are
9. Season and Serve!